[willowbrook] Pray for my mom

Doug Taylor dvtaylor at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:58:11 CDT 2007

[sent blindly to many]

My mom is dealing with lung cancer (radiation & chemo), acid reflux,
blood clots, etc.  The treatment for one causes problems with the
other.  It's a constant balancing act.

I had a good visit with her & dad this weekend, but here's an update
from my dad from a few minutes ago:

----
This morning her lower left leg was swollen so I ran down and got an
8:30 appointment with Dr. F.  Didn't get much out of him other than
new prescriptions and advice to keep leg higher than heart.  Brought
mom home and she slept until 12:30.  She came down stairs crying she
was in so much pain.  She went out to the car and lay down in the back
seat.  I got a pillow and blanket and drove her to her 1:30 radiation
appointment.  She couldn't stop crying so they took her to Dr. G.
without radiation.  After examining her, he canceled both radiation
and chemo for a week.  He also sent her to vascular dept to scan lower
left leg.  We had the same tech that we had previously and she did a
thorough job of scanning both legs from top to bottom.  She found more
blood clots than the previous test when they put her in the hospital.
After the tech consulted with Dr. G. and Dr. K., they sent us home
with an 8:14 appointment with the oncologist tomorrow morning.  Our
biggest problem is finding a doctor that will take ownership in her
total problem.

I now have her on the couch with her leg above her heart.
----

--
  Doug Taylor
  256.429.8658