[GCFL-discuss] Topic: Irony

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Nov 19 08:25:09 CST 2003

Irony is always an interesting topic, and oftentimes quite
hysterical!  Here's my most recent brush with irony:

My highschool freshman son has joined Quiz Bowl, which is
similar to tournament-style Jeopardy.  The members are
pretty bright kids, whose primary reason for participation
is that it looks good on their college applications.
Competitions are scheduled once per week at the various
participating high schools in our neighboring districts, and
the competition is fierce.

Last Wednesday was the first official game of this academic
year.  When I asked Mike how it went, he said, "Only 2 of us
showed up!  We got creamed."  Turns out, the other 7 team
members couldn't find the bus, and therefore missed it. Duh!