[GCFL-discuss] Hmmm...

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Nov 19 12:19:46 CST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 01:09:45PM -0500, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
> If you worry about a "spammer" hitting the archive then why bother to archive it??  Why not just hold the discusions for a small time frame then delete them.  This does not seem like something people would go to look back on like a joke they got a week ago and want to see it again.  To me a discussion is something of the moment.  Not everbody will feel the same but that is what makes us individuals right.
>
> Eric

The spammer concern is equal for the archive as the list.
If the list is anonymous, so is the archive and vice
versa.

Notice, however, that the email addresses are broken up as
email at address.com instead of email at address.com, and
that will stop some spam web crawlers.

I don't intend to archive this list forever, but having
some kinda of archive is nice.

- John

--
A Sunday school teacher asked her little children, as they
were on the way to church service, "And why is it

www.GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for f_r_e_e!