[GCFL-discuss] survey

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Nov 19 22:34:42 CST 2003

I suppose because I grew up in a church AND love to sing, one of my
favorites is the one where hymns are compared to praise songs.
Jeanene

I am going to copy it here since I like it so much!
Straight from the GCFL archives:

Praise Choruses Explained
Friday, September 8, 2000

An old farmer went to the city one weekend and attended the big city church.
He came home and his wife asked him how it was.
"Well," said the farmer, "It was good. They did something different,
however. They sang praise choruses instead of hymns."
"Praise choruses," said his wife, "What are those?"
"Oh, they're okay. They're sort of like hymns, only different," said the
farmer.
"Well, what's the difference?" asked the wife.
The farmer replied, "Well it's like this. If I were to say to you, 'Martha,
the cows are in the corn,' well, that would be a hymn. If, on the other
hand, I was to say to you, 'Martha, Martha, Martha, Oh Martha, MARTHA,
MARTHA, the cows, the big cows, the brown cows, the black cows, the white
cows, the black and white cows, the COWS, COWS, COWS, are in the corn, are
in the corn, are in the corn, are in the corn,' well, that would be a praise
chorus."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  I LOVE this one!