[GCFL-discuss] Topic for Nov. 23 2003

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Nov 23 17:34:51 CST 2003

Let me clarify one point.  I am not saying that Bin Laden is dead, but I am
not convinced that he is not.  The best thing in the world for US security
would be for him to disappear somewhere and never be heard from again.  That
way there are no called for retaliation and he cannot continue to plat
against us.  If/when Bin Laden dies I highly doubt that it will even be
announced.

Now on to the economy.  Based off the stock market (I know not the best, but
the easiest to lay my hands on), the US economy where continuing a steady
climb through Sept. 10, 2001.  When the markets reopened after 9-11 they
started to nose dive and only recently have they started to recover.  I
think blaming Bush for September 11th and the repercussions of that is a
real stretch.  The market has turned a corner and started to come back.  I
think this will continue (barring the unexpected) and by the election Bush
will have a strong economy on his side to help him in his re-election bid.

Eagle