[GCFL-discuss] Topic for Nov. 24th

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Nov 25 14:17:38 CST 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 07:56:41AM -0700, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
> John,
> Where in the word do you find your little quips at the bottom of your
> e-mails?  Do you have a pile of these, waiting to be used?  I find that if I
> see your name, my face breaks into a smile because I know there is something
> clever following it.

He he... cool.  I have a big list of them that I continue
to add to.  Then I wrote a script to randomly pick one for
my sig every time I send an email.  Ain't Linux cool! ;-)

> My husband and two sons have seen the 3rd Matrix and were all three
> disappointed.  Their attitudes were "Why can't they leave well enough alone
> when they make a good thing?"
> Personally, I am looking forward to seeing it as I enjoy just about any
> fodder on film as long as it isn't filled with bad language and gratuitous
> sex.  I feel a lot like Dory (from Finding Nemo) when it comes to watching
> movies.  I can watch a movie (read a book, whatever) and still be surprised
> and scared with each subsequent viewing/reading as I forget basically
> everything about it between times!  It makes my husband crazy, but I sure do
> enjoy life when every day is filled with all new things.

I'm just the opposite.  I will watch a movie one time, and
then I'm not interested in watching it again (unless it's
with a friend that has not seen it, but then it's so hard
not to tell them what's coming next.)

That's one reason I don't understand why people buy DVD's.
The only DVD's I own are some Clint Eastwood movies and
some James Bond that I got last Christmas.

- John

--
Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred
dollars and a substantial tax cut save you thirty cents?

www.GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for f_r_e_e!