[GCFL-discuss] most embarassing

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Apr 6 10:06:11 CDT 2004

Hi Frank!  (and the rest of the gang too!)  Hope everyone is doing great.  I
haven't logged on for a few days- been out of the office etc.

One of my most embarrasing moments was when I was about 17 yrs. old.  We went
to the Cleveland Arena to see the Harlem Globetrotters perform.  We got wind
at the end of the show that they would be loading onto their bus in the
parking lot in the back of the Arena.  It was winter so there was a little snow and
ice on the back lot.  So...we jet to the parking lot!  They had already
started to load up so some of the guys were looking out of the windows and waving at
their fans.  I was just waving and of course, acting like a teenager, I was
jumping around too.  All of a sudden, in front of all the folks in the parking
lot AND the guys on the bus, I slipped and fell right on my behind!  I was so
embarassed I wanted to disappear.  And to make matters worst...I jumped up
(very quickly) and the only thing I saw to hide behind was one of those poles
with a no parking sign or a stop sign on it.  (you can imagine how much of me was
NOT hidden...)  Oh boy...my brothers roared in laughter, my friends laughed,
the other fans laughed and I didn't see them laugh but I am sure the
Globetrotters did too!  I'll never forget it. (and my brothers haven't either...still
laughing about it!!)

God bless you abundantly today and always!

"Rev. Ev"