[GCFL-discuss] Hi Daniel

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Apr 14 19:13:30 CDT 2004

Carla asked about hobbies.

My favorite hobby is doing research at a local law library for people who
have spent many years in prison, built a relationship with God, dedicated
themselves to acquiring not one but several job skills, maintained
sterling records, have long since been eligible for parole, but keep
being turned down for silly reasons like "you haven't done enough time."
There is some recourse to the courts (although most lawyers are extremely
dense about recognizing them). Law libraries inside prisons are not very
good, and time to use them is very limited, so it helps to have someone
outside.

I have done some research for a group of people trying to keep a granite
stone carved with the Ten Commandments in a city park also. I have found
that federal court precedents have much more depth to them than most
atheists believe, or most Christians credit either.

Oh, I also play chess, Go, Scrabble, and help children with homework at a
local Boys and Girls Club, and I like volleyball and cooking and learning
Welsh.