[GCFL-discuss] prison Pals

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Apr 15 19:08:02 CDT 2004

Bonnie... look at the thief on the cross next to Jesus, he admitted he was being punished for his wrong doing, (confession) then asked Jesus to remember him when he came into his kingdom, (a statement of faith)
Jesus replies..."I tell you the truth  today you will be with me in paradise."  It sounds like pretty quick forgiveness
to me.  God is the "perfect parent" and I believe he accepts us when we are truly sorry for our wrongs.
 I don't think he puts us on hold, although, there are natural consequences that we some times face.  Like jail,
or a ticket for breaking the rules of the road.   A truly sorry person will work on changing  his behavior.
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law.
Carla