[GCFL-discuss] Hobbies

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Apr 16 12:20:19 CDT 2004

This is the last message from Posh that I cleaned up a little.

Eagle

A little mouse living on a farm was looking through a crack in the wall one
day and saw the farmer and his wife opening a package. The mouse was
intrigued by what food the package may contain. He was aghast to discover
that it was a mouse trap.  The mouse ran to the farmyard warning everyone
"there is a mouse trap in the house, there is a mouse trap in the house."
The chicken raised his head and said "Mr. Mouse, I can tell you this trap is
grave concern to you, but it has no consequence to me and I cannot be
bothered with it." The mouse turned to the pig, "I am so very sorry Mr.
Mouse, but the trap is no concern of mine either." The mouse then turned to
the bull. "Sounds like you have a problem, Mr. Mouse," the bull said, "but
not one that concerns me."  The mouse returned to the house, head down and
dejected that no one would help him or was concerned about his dilemma. He
knew he had to face the trap on his own.  That night the sound of a trap
catching its prey was heard throughout the house.  The farmer's wife rushed
to see what was caught. In the darkness she could not see that it was a
venomous snake who's tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's
wife.  The wife developed a bad fever and the farmer knew the best way to
treat a fever was with chicken soup. He took his hatchet to the farmyard to
get the soup's main ingredient. The wife got sicker and friends and
neighbors came by to take turns sitting with her round the clock. The farmer
knew he had to feed them, so he butchered the pig.  The farmer's wife did
not get better, however. In fact she died, and so many friends and family
came to her funeral that the farmer had to slaughter the bull to feed all of
them

So - the next time we hear that one of your brothers is facing a problem and
think it does not concern or affect you, remember that when anyone of our
friends is in trouble, we are all at risk

A friend in need is a friend in deed!