[GCFL-discuss] Hobbies

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Apr 16 11:28:52 CDT 2004

A little mouse living on a farm was looking through a crack in the wall one

day and saw the farmer and his wife opening a package. The mouse was

intrigued by  what food the package may contain. He was aghast to
discover that it was a mouse trap.

The mouse ran to the farmyard warning everyone "there is a mouse trap
in the house, there is a mouse trap in the house."

The chicken raised his head and said "Mr. Mouse, I can tell you this trap is

a  grave concern to you, but it has no consequence to me and I cannot be

bothered  with it."

The mouse turned to the pig, "I am so very sorry Mr. Mouse, but the
trap  is no  concern of mine either."

The mouse then turned to the bull. "Sounds like you have a problem,
Mr. Mouse,"  the bull said, "but not one that concerns me."

The mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected that no one
would help  him or was concerned about his dilemma. He knew he had
to face the trap on his own.

That night the sound of a trap catching its prey was heard throughout the

house.  The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness

she could not  see that it was a venomous snake who's tail the trap had
caught. The snake bit  the farmer's wife.

The wife developed a bad fever and the farmer knew the best way to
treat a fever  was with chicken soup. He took his hatchet to the farmyard
to get the soup's  main ingredient. The  wife got sicker and friends
and neighbors came by  to take  turns sitting with her round the clock.
The farmer knew he had to feed  them, so  he butchered the pig.

The farmer's wife did not get better, however. In fact she died, and
so many  friends and family came to her funeral that the farmer had
to slaughter  the bull  to feed all of them.

So - the next time we hear that one of your brothers is facing a
problem and think it does not concern or affect you, remember that
when anyone of our friends is in trouble, we are all at risk.

A friend in need is a friend in deed!!