[GCFL-discuss] Hi Daniel

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Apr 16 16:08:15 CDT 2004

Dear Mac,

It depends on the state. Every state's parole law is different, and there
are almost no federal standards. Is he eligible for parole? If he is,
what reasons does the board give for denying him? Some states allow
prisoners denied parole to ask a judge to review the decision for abuse,
through writ of habeas corpus or writ or certiorari. Some states just
don't allow for any relief from the courts.

Siarlys
(I'm not Daniel, I was answering a question someone else asked responding
to Daniel's discussion).