[GCFL-discuss] Old cowboy goes to church

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Apr 27 09:05:11 CDT 2004

Hi All,
I've noticed some stories or jokes pertaining to clothing in "church".

Some have said, "God doesn't care as long as your there".

I say, "How could you say that???"

When you go on a job interview, do you say" My future employer will understand. As long as I show up!" NO-------
That doesn't get you anywhere. We have to be our finest and well groomed. We are speaking of being in god's house of worship. Would you go to the Presidents home and wear tshirts and jeans, saying he will understand???

No he won't. There is respect that is lacking in peoples hearts for PURE worship. Wearing jeans, SHORT skirts, and any old thing is not showing CLEAN worship.

Certain things people think are just that....what people think. What about what god thinks? Would you really NOT care what kind of concern you put on cleanliness????

Posh

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
Hey, how come the best jokes are in the discussion, not in the regular
GCFL?

Siarlys

(I think the regular column had a similar one about a woman in rags who
stank, who eventually was able to tell the pastor "Jesus said I don't
have to keep going to your church, he hasn't ever been able to get into
it either."

And of course, there is the old version about the man with a dark
complexion who was thrown out of a church whose ushers were proud of the
pale skin of their congregation. God told him "You did better than me.
I've been trying to get into that church for years, and never could get
as close as the front door.")

They all teach the same lesson, don't they. And they're all funny.