[GCFL-discuss] Old cowboy goes to church

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Apr 28 17:11:22 CDT 2004

Hey.   Just wanted to add my input on the whole dressing-style at church
thing.

First of all, let me say that I go to a very large church where about 75% of
the people wear casual clothes and then rest dress up.

I agree with Posh on a few things.   I do think that it is important not
necessarily to dress up for chuch but to coem the best that you can - basically
just that you're clean and not wearing anything revealing.   Which is, more or
less, how I think Christians should present themselves every day, not just on
Sundays.   Part of our duty as Christians is to lead by example, and by showing
others that we respect our body we are honoring Christ (don't forget - our
bodies are our temples).

Now don't get me wrong here - I'm not saying that you have to wear a dress or
a nice skirt to school or to the mall or to a friends house or out running
errands or even to church.   All I'm saying is that it is inappropriate to wear
a super short skirt ANYWHERE or for guys to wear their pants so low that their
underwear is hanging out ANYWHERE - not just in a church setting.

And I know how all the clothing stuff is.   I'm a teenager, I wear jeans and
t-shirts.   (Not to church but I think that s a personal preference).

Basically, i just think that as Christians we should present our selves in a
modest demeanor, no matter is we're at church, shcool, or the grocery store.

-Layne