[GCFL-discuss] Old cowboy goes to church

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Apr 29 07:56:57 CDT 2004

Layne,

Thank you...thank you....thank you....

You read my mind. That is exactly what I've been trying to say all along.

I haven't been saying you need to wear a skirt or dress in everyday activites ( like going to the mall). Just to know that there is a TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING.
I wear jeans to the movies and out to eat (depending on the restaurant). But when it comes to church...it's everything beautiful to present myself to god in his place of worship. That even if you can't wear a nice dress or a nice suit...to at least try the best you can at being clean and well presented.

Posh

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
Hey.  Just wanted to add my input on the whole dressing-style at church thing.

First of all, let me say that I go to a very large church where about 75% of the people wear casual clothes and then rest dress up.

I agree with Posh on a few things.  I do think that it is important not necessarily to dress up for chuch but to coem the best that you can - basically just that you're clean and not wearing anything revealing.  Which is, more or less, how I think Christians should present themselves every day, not just on Sundays.  Part of our duty as Christians is to lead by example, and by showing others that we respect our body we are honoring Christ (don't forget - our bodies are our temples).

Now don't get me wrong here - I'm not saying that you have to wear a dress or a nice skirt to school or to the mall or to a friends house or out running errands or even to church.  All I'm saying is that it is inappropriate to wear a super short skirt ANYWHERE or for guys to wear their pants so low that their underwear is hanging out ANYWHERE - not just in a church setting.

And I know how all the clothing stuff is.  I'm a teenager, I wear jeans and t-shirts.  (Not to church but I think that s a personal preference).

Basically, i just think that as Christians we should present our selves in a modest demeanor, no matter is we're at church, shcool, or the grocery store.

GCFL-discuss mailing list
GCFL-discuss at gcfl.net