[GCFL-discuss] *FOOD 4 THOUGHT*

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Apr 29 01:05:07 CDT 2004

           You know Lance, & Posh,
( PLEASE DON"T TAKE THIS  e-mail WRONG)  I don't want you both to get mad
at me !  YOu two could be good for each other if you both could
comprimise a little with each of your opinions. I mean I think it depends
on the church setting. Although I've always been raised  you wear nice
stuff on Sunday morn. &  maybe wear jeans on Sunday night & stuff.  I
agree that its whats in the heart that counts ( Lance :)  & that the
world as a whole is used to immodesty ( POSH :) . Look at  how girls
dress in the summer......
   YOu two discussing this really made me think. I don't think we should
throw wearing formal clothing as a whole out totally either. Jeans & T
shirts are comfortable.... BUT I don't think God will  condemn us for
wearing jeans either. Posh you had a lot of good points & Lance you did
as well.  Like I said before a lot of it has to do with the culture you
are from.  YOU two discussing this has really made me evaluate why I
believe what I believe. Thanks for helping me to  really think about the
whole subject. I hope I havn't commented too much on this subjct & havn't
intererrupted your dicussion too much.
  God Bless You all
 Jeff
  P.S. YOu know I really  got to thinking on something else since we were
dicussing church. I really wonder if the way a lot of churches are set up
if it was the way God intended it. This is how a typical Sunday is : You
get up really early to get ready for church, then you rush there ( going
over the speed limit if you are running a little late) & sit through a
service talk a while then rush home & make a huge meal & get done the
dinner dishes ( After eating & putting the leftovers away)  at around 1-2
o' clock. I mean God made
Sunday as a day of rest not to make huge meals & end up cleaning up
everything . But then if we stay home half the time & worship God that
way often worship in our devotions  is very  easy to be  forgotton. If
you think about it we worship God all week through our daily devotions (
Which I really try hard to do & have to discipline myself to give up that
15  minutes of reading a novel & really just communicate with God )  But
anyway I am getting off track of my point.  IS OUR BUSY LIVES ( MEANING
SUNDAY) the way God really intended? Is it really a day of rest when we
do all that extra work?? MAybe some people don't see anything wrong with
working on
Sunday ... ( doctors ect. need t odo it to keep things going) but I know
if I didn't have a few hours to read a book or do my e-mail I'd feel a
lot more exhausted & unready for the next week  !!!    JUST SOME THOUGHTS
I HAD & WONDERED WHAT ANYONE ELSE THOUGHT?