[GCFL-discuss] More facts about Kerry and his fitness for command: Swift Boat Veterans For Truth Rock The Boat

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Aug 10 11:03:31 CDT 2004

   GOt this from a friend & thought I'd pass it on
 Jeff
 More facts about Kerry and his fitness for command: Swift Boat Veterans
For Truth Rock The Boat
Click the link below for the source:
http://www.opinioneditorials.com/freedomwriters/jcox_20040809.html

By Judson Cox
Several months ago, a man claiming to have served with John Kerry in
Vietnam contacted me. He told me that Sen. Kerry was undeserving of his
medals. He claimed that Sen. Kerry was a coward, who fled from or avoided
battle even at the risk of his fellow soldiers, and that his entire
military career was a sham meant only to further his future in politics.
He said that after Kerry returned from his four month service in Vietnam,
he engaged in activities bordering on treason.

These were shocking claims, and I felt it would be irresponsible to run
with them on the word of one man. The story was too good to pass up
though, so I used the resources of an independent journalist – Google. I
searched for key phrases from his letter, and what I found was shocking.
Nearly all of this man’s claims had been investigated and reported by
numerous journalists over the past thirty years! With the facts I was
able to source, I compiled two columns “Questioning Kerry’s Service” and
“Questioning Kerry’s Patriotism.” I would love to claim to be the one to
have broken the story of John Kerry’s less than valorous service, but I
was not. For this reason, I am perplexed by the reactions to the Swift
Boat Veterans for Truth’s advertisements and forthcoming book.

The information was already out there. The mainstream press had reported
some of it, and the insurgent press was full of facts and rumors
surrounding Kerry’s service long before he declared himself a candidate.
Moreover, at least one of the Swift Boat Veterans contacted Democratic
Party officials and warned them about Kerry’s record. Yet, the DNC
nominated him anyway. They knew this would come out, and it could sink
his chances at the presidency. Yet, the DNC seemed unprepared for this;
why?

Democrats have little respect for the truth, and after Clinton, they
assume that most Americans are so dumb that we will believe whatever they
tell us. They say that none of these men served with Kerry, when in fact,
all of them did. They claim the doctor who treated Kerry for his first
purple heart isn’t really a doctor, and he didn’t treat Kerry’s injury.
In truth, the man is a doctor; he pulled the rose thorn sized bit of
metal from Kerry’s arm and applied a band-aid, but left the signing of
the paperwork to one of his underlings. They claim that none of these men
served on Kerry’s boat, even though (Swift Boat Veteran for Truth) Steve
Gardner served as a machine gunner on Kerry’s boat (only two of Kerry’s
“band of brothers” served on his boat). They even tried to undermine the
Swift Boat Veteran’s credibility by claiming that one of them recanted
his story – he did not, and has signed a second, notarized affidavit to
that effect. Meanwhile, the DNC lawyers threaten radio and television
stations with libel suits if they run the Swift Boat Veteran’s
advertisements.

Even more disturbing is the reaction of the establishment elite, who
decide what news is “fit to print” and who is eligible to rule.
Democrats, Republicans and the media may be adversarial at times, but
they all belong to the same club. They began circling their wagons when
the Swift Boat Veterans came forward. While the Democrats smeared these
honorably discharged veterans, the spineless Republican Party ran from
the controversy as fast as its lily white chicken legs could carry it.
John McCain typified the Republican response by parroting the Democrat’s
lies and reminding us of the true spirit of his Campaign Finance Reform -
the people should have as little influence on the political process as
possible. Their message is clear; how dare these outsiders, these
commoners question one of us?

This is the antithesis of Americanism, the belief that all men are
created equal. These 200 veterans served with John Kerry, and have as
much of a right to speak as the 7 veterans Kerry found to support him. If
what the Swift Boat Veterans say is true, then John Kerry is not fit to
be president. It is the responsibility and the duty of the American
people to listen to both sides, make up our own minds and cast our votes
as our consciences dictate. Anyone, of either party or in any branch of
the media who would prevent the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth from being
heard subverts our democratic system of electing leaders and is an enemy
of our republic.

G. Edwin lint

PA

Click for . . .