[GCFL-discuss] More about Kerry???

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Aug 10 22:16:03 CDT 2004

That last bit was sinking to a pretty sleazy level, so I really don't
mind abandoning the level of courtesy we have mostly been achieving
lately. Incidentally, Sen. John McCain, a fellow veteran, who has
pointedly criticized Kerry's work with VVAW, who spent several years as a
POW, and who has cooperated with Kerry in resolving POW/MIA issues most
of Congress preferred to ignore, has condemned the so-called truths of
the so-called Swift Boat operators.

But I will go further. Joseph Stalin said that paper will put up with
whatever you choose to print upon it. This goes ten times over for the
internet. The internet allows for access to almost anything, true, false
or indifferent, to be multiplied beyond human capacity to absorb it all,
but without the slightest measure of truthfulness.

(Stalin also said that those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who
count the votes decide everything. Sound familiar?)

In any public competition, whether it is over politics, diet, marketing,
personalities, entertainment, religion -- if it is a public controversy,
there will be revealing exposes offered up by hazily identified allegedly
knowledgeable sources. Those who find the latest expose convenient always
revel in the same, while expressing bewilderment that nobody else seems
to pay much attention.

While these unnamed sources say they served with Kerry, no ranks or units
are identified. Swift boats were not large, did not have extensive crews,
and did not change personnel every hour. How many servicemen could have
been on Kerry's boat anyway? There are a dozen or more who are active in
the Kerry campaign.

I could compare this trash to the National Enquirer, or to the greatest
loudmouth to convince both her friends and her enemies that she had
accomplished something when she never accomplished anything whatsoever,
Madalyn Murray O'Hair.

But I don't think this trash will make much difference at all. Why should
it?