[GCFL-discuss] Smile

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Aug 13 10:38:10 CDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:57:10PM -0500, gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
> Only in America,
>
> do people buy John Deere tractors to mow their lawn,
>
> drive their car to go to a store two blocks away,
>
> buy automatic electric pencil sharpeners,
>
> and then pay even more money for membership in a gym to get some
> exercise.

Reminds me of a conversation I was having with a fellow
engineer.  I was complaining because I had to use a push
mower to mow my lawn, entertaining the idea of a robot
lawn mower that could mow my lawn for me automagically. :)

It's an interesting engineering problem, and I often
ponder such problems as time permits.

Anyway, about half way through our discussion he ask,
"Weren't you just saying the other day that you needed to
lose some weight?"  In fact, he was right.

- John

--
Can I trade this job for what's behind door 1?

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for free!