[GCFL-discuss] Frolic Memo

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Dec 26 18:56:37 CST 2004

I just wanted to note that, contrary to the announced federal guidelines,
fruitcake does NOT have to be eaten by July 25. If it got to be much
after New Year's, and a fruitcake was uncut, my mother used to wrap it up
and put it on the shelf until next year. I resented that, because it was
right next to my cereal boxes, where I had to look at it every day and
wish I could eat it. (My mother made GOOD fruitcake -- I make the same
recipe now). No form of microscopic life will touch a fruitcake. Only
human beings even try to eat one.