[GCFL-discuss] Advertising

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Dec 27 20:35:23 CST 2004

It was Voltaire who said he would fight to the death for your right to
say it.

I think you have things about right.

If the newspaper takes advertising, we are going to get a lot of stuff
coming into our homes that we don't like and didn't ask for. We don't
have to like it, but the newspaper doesn't have to tailor their
advertising to what this person or that group likes or doesn't like. And
evangelization has about the same right to come into our home with the
newspaper as Montgomery Wards.

I think the right to be wrong is based on the fact that while I might
recognize that you are wrong, you don't have to agree with me.