[GCFL-discuss] Have you read? No

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Feb 19 09:58:12 CST 2004

Hi Yolanda,  I am very sorry to hear about your jobs going out.  It is a
tough for lots of people these days.  I will continue to pray for you and your
family.  Next, I looked up this passage of scripture because I think (I hope,
mostly) it will encourage you.  This is the Apostle Paul writing to the
Phillipian people  - encouraging them  -  (Phillipians 4) :

 6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about      everything.
> Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 If you do
> this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human
> mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live
> in Christ Jesus.
> 8And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close
> this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think
> about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that
> are excellent and worthy of praise. 9Keep putting into practice all you
> learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be
> with you.
>
> Now this part is not easy to understand/digest.  I say this because most of
> us haven't had to go without anything we wanted or needed.  (for the most
> part)  See, Paul was an awesome brother.  He went through some tough times
> after his conversion.  Jail, beaten, shipwrecked, cold, hungry...etc., yet he
> maintained his faith in the Lord and his love for him through all things.  He
> says something here that has helped me when times get tough in my house.  It
> changed my thinking.  It's not about me and my ability to take care of  myself.
>  It is more about how I think and handle the good times as well as the bad.
> (we all go through stuff)  It is all about the Lord and my faith in HIM to
> take care of me in EVERY situation.  (This is still Paul  thanking the people
> for their generosity - they gave him offerings after he preached the gospel to
> them) :

 11Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily
whether I have much or little. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with
everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it
is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do
everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.

And finally Paul tells them, even though he had all that he needed right
then, their gifts are appreciated and he assures them:

 19And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his
glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
(Holy Bible. New Living Translation)

Be assured Yolanda, that God will take care of you, your husband and those
lovely babies.   Have faith (and keep your faith) in God.  The Lord is your
strength.

God bless you abundantly today and always!

"Rev. Ev"