[GCFL-discuss] Have you read? No

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Feb 19 10:15:07 CST 2004

greenbubble,  I won't get severance pay because I have been working for a
temporary service since October 2001.  The company was up for sale, and
then they sold several branches and decided to refinance with the proceeds.
Well, my boss gave me a raise this month and backdated it to January (which
is when I came back last year after the birth of Nayeli on 12-29-02).  I
thought that this was a good sign, but he called me into his office and
said with the sale of the branches there was not enough work for 3 people.
So he is letting me go since the other ladies have been here permanently
for a long period of time.  My husband's job has decided to move to Indiana
so his company will probably give him severance, but it won't be much
because he has only been there for two years.  He is still waiting to hear
about his lawsuit from his former employer, but I don't have any hopes
about that because the owner left the company and if he sold his assets my
husband won't get anything.  Oh well, life goes on right?  I have been
doing tax returns and a lot of girls come in there with their income from
baby-sitting and it is pretty decent pay.  I mean I could make a living off
of it, and I wouldn't have to pay a sitter for my own kids.  The only
question is would I be able to handle it.  I come to the office to give
myself a break from my own kids!  One this is for sure, when both of my
jobs are over I am taking a week off!  I am so tired of working that I just
can't take it anymore!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yolanda Cruz
Accounts Payable
Invensys Building Systems, Inc.
1354 Clifford Ave
Loves Park, IL 61111
Phone: 815 637 3124    Fax: 815 637 5321
E-mail: yolanda.cruz at invensys.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail
transmission may contain confidential information.  This information is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is
intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files
if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance.

                    gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
                    Sent by:                                            To:     Yolanda <yolanda.cruz at invensys.com>
                    gcfl-discuss-bounces_yolanda.cruz=invensys.co       cc:     "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
                    m at gcfl.net                                           List" <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net>
                                                                        Subject:     RE: [GCFL-discuss] Have you read? No

                    02/19/2004 09:49 AM

Jeanene and Dave

I read books that are religiously neutral, mostly mysteries and sci-fi.  My
favorite fictional characters are Perry Mason and Miss Marple.  And, of
course, Captain J.L. Picard.

What I meant is that this book is clearly written from a Christian
perspective.  Carla had sent a link that contained information about it.

In answer to Yolanda's question, "How do you tell if someone is Jewish or
not?" a person is a Jew if
(s)he converted to Judaism or if his/her mother is a Jew.

Yolanda, will you and your husband get any kind of severance pay?  I really
feel for you.  You are carrying an unbelievable load right now.

greenBubble

     greenBubble,
     You only read books that are "very Jewish"?  Name some of those...
     My very favorite "very Jewish" book is the Complete Jewish New
     Testament.  It is an amazing book.
     Jeanene

     how do you tell if someone is Jewish or not?

      I have no intention of reading it.  It doesn't look very Jewish.

      greenBubble

 otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
 be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
 notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice at shs.siemens.com

 Thank you