[GCFL-discuss] Have you read? No

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Feb 19 10:27:10 CST 2004

Thank you Rev Ev!  I know he will, but it is still hard to swallow when I
have waited so long to be able to work permanently somewhere.  Anywhere!  I
told God that I hope he really has something much better in store for me
because I really liked this job and the people here!  It is the best place
I have worked in my entire life.  And the next place I go to will probably
be even better.

I have faith.  I always have.  One time I was crying in bed, flat broke,
two babies and another in the womb, no job, no money, and I was praying.  I
went to the dryer to take out my clothes and fold them and there I found a
crisp $20 bill and I know that I didn't have ANY money!  I believe in God
and I love him very much.  For everything he has given me, for my loving
husband, for my beautiful HEALTHY children.  For my health.  For my home!
For a bed to sleep in.  It is very cold right now in Illinois, and I cry
when I see people out in the street.  Homeless people are dying and I just
cannot imagine myself without all the things I have.  There is a woman who
works here who is an accountant.  I am a clerk.  She only has two children
and her and her husband are well off.  She doesn't let a day go by without
telling me that she can't comprehend how me and my husband can take care of
our children on such poor salaries!  I make $11.00 and my husband makes
$11.97 and hour.  But you know what, God has sent me many angels.  People
have given us so many things!  I have girlfriends who buy my kids things
all the time, clothes, shoes, winter coats, hats, gloves and stuff.  Toys,
at Christmas time, over 5 different people bought all my children presents.
There is not a day that goes by that I am not blessed.  I don't need a lot
of money!  We pay our bills, and my husband even supports his mother in
Mexico.  We can still afford to rent a movie or go out to eat at least once
a month, and if something breaks around the house, we can afford to fix it
or replace it.  I think we are just fine!  Even if I do lose my job, I can
always find something else, and if not, I can draw unemployment until I do.
I just wish I wasn't losing it.  I want everything to be secure and easy!
Live in a little green bubble!  tee hee hee :)  But that isn't the way life
goes is it!  Thank you for the scripture.  I will print it out and keep it
close, just like the one you sent me on forgiveness.  You are a great
person!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yolanda Cruz
Accounts Payable
Invensys Building Systems, Inc.
1354 Clifford Ave
Loves Park, IL 61111
Phone: 815 637 3124    Fax: 815 637 5321
E-mail: yolanda.cruz at invensys.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail
transmission may contain confidential information.  This information is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is
intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files
if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance.

                    gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
                    Sent by:                                            To:     Yolanda <yolanda.cruz at invensys.com>
                    gcfl-discuss-bounces_yolanda.cruz=invensys.co       cc:     "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
                    m at gcfl.net                                           List" <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net>
                                                                        Subject:     Re: [GCFL-discuss] Have you read? No

                    02/19/2004 09:58 AM

Hi Yolanda,  I am very sorry to hear about your jobs going out.  It is a
tough for lots of people these days.  I will continue to pray for you and
your family.  Next, I looked up this passage of scripture because I think
(I hope, mostly) it will encourage you.  This is the Apostle Paul writing
to the Phillipian people  - encouraging them  -  (Phillipians 4) :

6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about      everything.
 Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 If you do
 this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than
 the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds
 as you live in Christ Jesus.
 8And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close
 this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right.
 Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about
 things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9Keep putting into
 practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and
 the God of peace will be with you.

 Now this part is not easy to understand/digest.  I say this because most
 of us haven't had to go without anything we wanted or needed.  (for the
 most part)  See, Paul was an awesome brother.  He went through some tough
 times after his conversion.  Jail, beaten, shipwrecked, cold,
 hungry...etc., yet he maintained his faith in the Lord and his love for
 him through all things.  He says something here that has helped me when
 times get tough in my house.  It changed my thinking.  It's not about me
 and my ability to take care of  myself.  It is more about how I think and
 handle the good times as well as the bad. (we all go through stuff)  It is
 all about the Lord and my faith in HIM to take care of me in EVERY
 situation.  (This is still Paul  thanking the people for their generosity
 - they gave him offerings after he preached the gospel to them) :

11Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily
whether I have much or little. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or
with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation,
whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I
can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.

And finally Paul tells them, even though he had all that he needed right
then, their gifts are appreciated and he assures them:

19And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from
his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
(Holy Bible. New Living Translation)

Be assured Yolanda, that God will take care of you, your husband and those
lovely babies.   Have faith (and keep your faith) in God.  The Lord is your
strength.

God bless you abundantly today and always!

"Rev. Ev"