[GCFL-discuss] Marriage

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun Jul 18 01:18:35 CDT 2004

Jeff (and everyone else),

I agree with you that homosexuality is wrong.  However, I don't  necessarily
think it should be illegal.  Yeah, I know the US was founed on
Judeo-Christian ideals but I don't treally think the government should regulate  marriage
(and this is coming form my incredibly strong southern republican  Christian
self).

also along the lines of homosexuality.  Though I don't agree with it,  I
don't have as much a problem with it as many Christians.  I think its an  abberant
lifestyle and that it goes against God's will.  However, so does  lying (even
white ones!), greediness, and tons of other stuff (even stuff we  sometimes
don't really think about in terms of sin, like speeding or copying  someone's
homework or somehting like that).  Seeing as the Bible says that  in God's eyes
all sin is equal, I don't really understand why many put things  like
homosexual acts and pre-marital sex and other things like that up as these
super-huge big sins that are super disgusting.  I mean, I totally agree  that they are,
but so is every single sin that there is.  So, basically, I  was just
wondering if anyone had a particular reason for being so totally  totally against
homosexuality?  Everyone sins.  Everyone.  Every  day.  Like a trillion times a
year.  But for some reason three or four  sins have been escalated to this
super-bad status and I don't understand  why.
-Layne

In a message dated 7/16/2004 10:34:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,