[GCFL-discuss] Re: Martha Stewart

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Jul 20 13:09:10 CDT 2004

"Celebrity homemaker Martha Stewart has been sentenced to five months in prison and fined $30,000 for lying to investigators about her sale of ImClone Systems stock in late 2001"(CNN).

5 Months in Jail, 2 years probation, and $30K, I think it's a joke and a half. WAY too short of time in Jail and what's $30K to a woman who owns millions? Then for her to quote Nelson Mandela is absurd! "Martha Stewart invoked the name of Nelson Mandela, South Africa's persecuted anti-apartheid hero, saying "many, many good people have gone to prison"" (CNN).

It's a great example for the rest of the "world" to see we're not going to tolerate this. But at the same time I think we took one of the smaller fish in the "cooperate sea" and made her the example instead of going after one of the monster "cooperate fish" in our cooperate world.

Nice to see a little justice. Me dos centavos.

God bless,
Lance
All the people, lemme hear you give a holler:
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar.
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
-- "Indivisible" by Pillar