[GCFL-discuss] Paint ball

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Mar 26 09:57:15 CST 2004

Eagle,

I am also an avid paintball player.  I have played with a number of
guns using both O2 and CO2.  I had a Tippman Model 98 I used with CO2
that I kept regulated at 296 feet per second with a warm tank.  As you
shoot the tank cools down and the pressure inside drops.   It dropped
the speed down to around 230 when the tank got really cold (frosted on
the outside).  It is a noticable drop.  I only had a problem with it
when I was shooting real fast or a lot at once.  I now use O2 with my
new gun and never have any problems.

Eric
NY

>>> <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> 3/26/2004 10:46:19 AM >>>
Lance,
     Actually I have no military training.  (My SN comes from being an
Eagle
Scout).  I have just had the rules of safe gun handling drilled into
me.
Rule 1 "Don't point a gun at anything you do not mind destroying."  In
my
mind a marker is still a gun.

     As for my friend.  I don't think his issue is so much with
getting
liquid in the gun.  It is that as you shoot and are pulling gas out of
the
tank the temperature goes down.  This drop in temp he claims makes a
noticeable drop in pressure.  I understand the chemistry behind that,
but
how much speed (in the balls) do you really loose?  Thanks

Eagle