[GCFL-discuss] why go?

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 3 08:04:18 CDT 2004

Jeff & all
 Nobody went overboard.  I asked a question on what people thought and
got everyones response.  I have been reading all the different emails
and listening to what people say.  Thank you all for your input.  Now I
noticed that one big thing was "read your bible".  If you thought it was
odd that I did not attend church I suppose you are all in for a shock
when I say that I don't own a bible either.  But if you remember the
first emails I sent my family has never realy done a lot with the church
and we never had a bible in our house.  So I have also been kind of
following the emails about the different version of the bible that
Yolanda started.  I appreciate everyones input and it is a lot but I
enjoy having everyone relate what they think.  The tennis thing was a
great analogy and if you would like to keep talking about it I dont
mind.

Eric
NY

>>> <gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> 5/2/2004 1:00:03 AM >>>
        Hey all
        Thats true but I don't think anyone that was talking to Eric &
wrote in meant good & were trying to be nice & helpful ( that was
everyones intentions) but I can also see how he would get tired of
being
bugged. By writing too much he could feel like we are trying to force
him
into something he might not be ready for. Though I can see what Carla
meant with her illustration. ( for the way I personally feel ) I agree
we
should probably lay off the subject of whether or he goes to church
unless he asks EVERYBODY a question. It is nice to lend some helpful
advice but its not good when we go over board. Eric, What do you
think?
If you want us all to shut up we can :)   We all had good intentions
but
I am concerned that we may have  went overbord with answering your
question.
  Jeff