[GCFL-discuss] Siarlys

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 3 09:18:36 CDT 2004

Siarlys,

Let's put this into context.  I will give you my example and you tell me how you feel.  My husband wants to move to GA because he has a sister, brother-in-law, and two brothers there.  Plus, all of the people from his little pueblito in Mexico have moved to this small GA town.  I on the other hand like GA, the mountains, the heat, etc.  But, we have 5 children.  GA does not offer the bilingual school that I have my children in.  My family is here, and I don't want to live with his sister or near her for that matter because she is from Mexico where the culture is different and the woman is treated differently.  My husband is a modernized Hispanc.  I mean to say that he does not go for all that "a woman should not work", "my wife should have my dinner ready", etc.  I believe that it would be in my best interest to not move because of the possible problems that could arise between me and my in-laws.  We have all been down this avenue I believe.  My question to you is should I make this sacrifice for my husband which will in turn sacrifice my happiness, and the type of education that I want for my children?

Yolanda Cruz
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Business for Life
Phone: (815) 391-9241