[GCFL-discuss] Opinions and Advice

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat May 8 00:44:48 CDT 2004

   Quama,
 First of all, Legally they hold no ties on you.  Biblically you owe them
the respect of talking to them about why they object & then thinking
about what they say. Your parents ( at least one of them) can probably be
a real prick. Although no matter how much of a prick they can be you need
to remember that they were 21 too at one time. I've learned that often
older people have a lot of good things to say even though they don't know
everything. Try to take the good out of what they have to say & look on
the positive side of it. I am not trying to preach but I MYSELF TRY VERY
HARD TO PRACTICE THIS. Like I said  really consider what your parents
have to say. But like I  said they probably have good reasons but the
final decision is yours.
        Hope what I have to say  is some help to you.
 Jeff

Quama,
ask your parents why they object and see if they have a reason that you
can live with.
You should always honor your father and mother, so to just defy them is
not in God's perfect will, but He also does not say that you must give in
without a reason since you are an adult and pay your own way.  Again,
prayer is the key and a level attitude when you ask them why.
Nancy

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
Thou shalt honor thy mother and father.
:)