[GCFL-discuss] Moo cows and wascawwiness!

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sun May 16 22:33:16 CDT 2004

Hi Dave, good to hear from you. I thought we had been dealing with many
controversial subjects, from salvation to George Bush, but I haven't seen
yours.

Jeff and I were discussing George a week or two ago. He suggested I look
at the good things Bush has done, and I couldn't think of any. Jeff said
what about Bush doing the manly thing and finishing the job in the middle
east. I said, I didn't find what Bush has done manly, I thought it was
very juvenile, like playing a video game, and, he certainly has NOT
finished the job.

I have thought of something good George Bush has done though. After a
small but deadly organization of fanatics, speaking in the name of God,
specifically relying on some out of context citations from the Quran,
murdered some 3000+ people in September 2001, a number of misguided
Americans (some of them equally fanatic and given to quoting the Bible
out of context) proclaimed that the USA is at war with Islam. Very much
to his credit, the President of the United States, George W. Bush, firmly
ruled that out, reached out to American Muslims (many of them fifth
generation Americans), and other Muslims around the world who had NOT
declared war on the United States, and focused our national policy
against those who murder innocent civilians, not for one religion or
against another.

So, yes, he has done some things right. Unfortunately, he assembled a
rather incompetent cabinet that advised him badly on exactly what we were
getting into with Iraq, got carried away with his own delusions about the
world, sent in an inadequate number of lightly armed troops without a
proper plan for holding onto what we took, and has gotten us into a
quagmire he can't seem to find his way out of. He should listen to Colin
Powell more, a man who understands military matters much better than the
Secretary of Defense (Rumsfeld has no military experience to speak of,
just a lot of politician's dreams), and also has a better grasp on the
various nations and cultures around the world we have to deal with.