[GCFL-discuss] Personal friends and politics

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 17 22:37:44 CDT 2004

Some of my closest personal friends are some of my firmest political
enemies, and vice versa. But I grew up with parents of different parties,
and I disagreed with everyone in my first grade class on who should be
president in 1960.

Count me against hypnosis. I am wary of anything that puts one person
inside another person's mind. God made us individuals for a reason -- I
don't claim to know what that reason is, but I don't believe in tampering
with it.

It is always good to pray for whoever is in office. They have their
finger on the button, so whether we are going to vote for them or not, we
want them to exercise the power they have responsibly.