[GCFL-discuss] Romans and Americans

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat May 22 22:26:32 CDT 2004

Jan, I won't try to interpret Romans 1, because there are many ways of
reading and applying it. I agree that we can all be thankful that we can
serve and worship God as we choose. I believe this is ONLY possible with
the institutions of the church and the institutions of the state kept
separate from each other. If the two are mixed, then some church or some
doctrine will be enforced by the state, and those who have a different
vision or revelation or gift will be suppressed, or slighted, and will
fight to have THEIR doctrine become the official one. Soon, none of us
will have this freedom, which was the first and most important to be
enshrined in the bill of rights.