[GCFL-discuss] (no subject)

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 24 06:20:59 CDT 2004

I have a question about your (everybody's) opinion on same-sex marriage and
whether it should be legal or not.  Now I personally don't agree with it on a
moral level, but I'm having a hard time trying to decide whether or not I think
it should be legal.  The religious side of me tends to say "No way," but the
political side generally points me in the direction of making same-sex
marriage legal so as to give equal rights to all lifestyles.  I do, however, think
the civil union thing is doofy.  I think it should either be all or nothing,
illegal or legal.  I know the civil union thing is seen by a good intermediary
step by lots of people on both sides of the issue - for proponents of same-sex
marriage it offers a step in the right direction and many objectors are happy
that at least its not marriage - but I still have no concrete opinion on the
legality of it.  Just wondering what others of you in here - as moral and/or
religious people I like to think - have to say.
Layne