[GCFL-discuss] Re: Where did everyone go?

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 24 21:22:01 CDT 2004

Layne, its OK to mention being valedictorian, and its OK to celebrate it,
and really, we're all (I think all) happy to hear about it. You write
well, and you will go far in all three fields you plan to enter. What I
can't figure out is, if you just found out during the graduation
ceremony, was your valedictory speech entirely extemporaneous? That can
be a fun category of forensics competition, but its really something to
come up with a subject and speak on it in the middle of graduation.

Siarlys

P.S. I just celebrated a friend of mine getting her bachelor of science
in nursing, many years after she first got her RN.