[GCFL-discuss] Re: GCFL-discuss: Flowers

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Nov 9 20:41:25 CST 2004

Well, if we're going to talk this to death, I like flowers for their own
sake, and, I like giving them to women (or a woman I should say) because
its fun to be thoughtful, but I don't BUY them often, because the
florists really have made a lucrative overkill on the market.

I am reminded of a columnist in San Francisco, Art Hoppe, who wrote that
his mother refused to let her family observe Mother's Day, which she
called National Florists Day.

But for really special occasions, its worth going to a good florist, and
paying the price of something high quality that will last awhile. What
the supermarkets offer at bargain prices just doesn't cut it for long.

I prefer growing my own, but have no ground to use for that purpose.