[GCFL-discuss] FW: Old Wife Joke (gcfl 11/1)

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Nov 10 13:29:12 CST 2004

Siarlys
Sorry about an ambiguous reference.  In my circles, everyone understands the
phrase "a Mars Venus thing" as meaning something that women and men see
differently.

There is a book written by John Gray, entitled "Men Are from Mars, Women Are
from Venus".  Here is a blurb from Amazon.com:

	Amazon.com: Books: Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: A ...
	Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: A Practical Guide for
Improving Communication
	and Getting What You Want in Your Relationships, John Gray, John
Gray. ...
	http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/006016848X?v=glance -
Cached

Its premise is that much of the miscommunication between men and women is
because we assume that men and women are essentially the same with
superficial differences.
If we acknowledge the fact, politically incorrect though it may be, that
women are essentially different from men, and we take the trouble to try to
see things through each other's eyes, then a lot of discord can be avoided.
The title suggests that men and women are two different species who landed
on Earth from Mars and Venus, respectively and are trying to communicate
with each other.

Zvi Freund