[GCFL-discuss] GCF: Insurance Claim

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Oct 6 00:01:27 CDT 2004

I don't know if you guys get this mailing list. But I got such a HUGE
kick out of it I thought I would pass it on. Also find it a kick that a
human would be that crazy, but I love the ending. God bless you,
Lance
John 8:32 "You will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."

GCF: Insurance Claim

(This is an oldie but a goodie)

A lawyer purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured
them against fire among other things.  Within a month having smoked his
entire stockpile of these great cigars and without yet having made even
his
first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed a claim against the

insurance company.

In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of
small
fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason:
that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion. The lawyer
sued
... and won!

In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company that

the claim was frivolous.  The judge stated nevertheless, that the lawyer
held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars
were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against
fire,
without defining what is considered to be unacceptable fire, and was
obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure a lengthy and costly
appeal
process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000.00 to

the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."

NOW FOR THE BEST PART....

After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested

on 24 counts of ARSON!!!!  With his own insurance claim and testimony
from
the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was convicted of
intentionally burning his insured property and was sentenced to 24 months

in jail and a $24,000.00 fine

              _  _____________________________________  _
             / )|        Thomas S. Ellsworth          |( \
            / / |        tellswor at slonet.org          | \ \
          _( (_ |   http://www.slonet.org/~tellswor   | _) )_
         (((\ \>|_/ )_____________________________( \_|</ /)))
           \      /       Those who say they        \      /
            \   _/        "sleep like a baby"        \_   /
            /  /           haven't got one.            \  \

                                                           707

                      *** Good Clean Fun ***
              Stop for a visit, leave with a smile!

To join  Good Clean Fun, email: good-clean-fun-subscribe at yahoogroups.com