[GCFL-discuss] Fw: 2004 Voter Guide-Exercise our wonderful freedo m by voting.

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Oct 7 22:04:15 CDT 2004

I've had this discussion with many (see below cut out subject on abortion) before. After much research. If the woman is going to be harmed by the baby 99% of the time the woman's body will terminate the baby. 99% of the time, if the woman's life is in danger, the body will do the work.

An interesting side note would be: Doctors have been doing life threatening(to the woman) abortions for years before this became an issue.
I would offer, this has become an issue because of people's choice to copulate without disgretion. I think we'd find abortion nearly null if people took responsibility for their overactive copulating activities.

Lance
All the people, lemme hear you give a holler:
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar.
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
-- "Indivisible" by Pillar

-- gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
The law in this nation at this time allows any state to ban abortion in
the third trimester of pregnancy, so long as the mother's life or safety
are not endangered. Most states have such laws. Rightly so. There was no
need for Congress to pass a law on the subject, and, again, congress had
no business making it a federal issue. The law congress passsed was also
flawed, in that it did not make adequate provision for the fact that
SOMETIMES a late-term abortion is the only way to preserve the mother. In some cultures, it is a woman's duty to sacrifice her life for her baby. In our country, a woman MAY make that choice, but is not legally REQUIRED to do so. It is a small percentage of pregnancies, and very few late-term abortions are performed. IF one is necessary, tragic though ALL options at that point are, the operation WILL destroy the baby. What difference does it make which method is used? It should be done quickly, and with the least damage to the mother.