[GCFL-discuss] voting in Georgia

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Oct 27 20:48:22 CDT 2004

We have early voting here & the turnout has been heavy!  It started Monday and the people are waiting in line from 15min. - 3 hrs. to get to vote.  I went today & it took me a little over an hour.
I have jury duty next week and didn't want to take a chance on trying to squeeze it in.  It was a sight to see, so many people eager to vote.  I saw old people who could hardly walk (they moved them to the front of the line)and pregnant Moms.  My husband talked to someone who said he had not voted in 20 years, but he registered to vote in this election.

Are others doing early voting?  what kind of turnout are you seeing?

Carla from Georgia