[GCFL-discuss] voting in Wisconsin

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Oct 28 20:19:38 CDT 2004

I voted ten days ago. There were no long lines, but there was another
person coming in every minute or so. The elections office was ready,
processed everyone smoothly, had a greeter at the door. There has been a
lot of confusion around absentee ballots though, with many people told
"you are not registered" when they have been living and voting at the
same address for years. I spoke to a woman today who is house bound, had
been rejected, made two phone calls (one when the computers were down)
and finally was told, yes, you are registered, we're mailing your ballot.
The interest level is overwhelming. Here, people with proof of address
can still register the day of the election and vote.