[GCFL-discuss] Links to the past

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Sep 30 18:54:13 CDT 2004

Lance, its not a poll. It said very specifically that it is not a
scientific sample in any way. Of course I enjoyed the perspective they
offered, because I have yet to find any merit or virtue in anything the
Bush administration has done. I did find one personal act of GWB
admirable -- contrary to Michael Moore's overdone sarcasm, had I been
president on 9/11/2001, I too would have finished reading the story to
the class of students. Its a way of telling terrorists, you are not going
to push the things that matter off our agenda just because we also have
to deal with you. And, until aides had gathered some useful information
on what is going on, no informed orders could be issued anyway.

But getting back to the survey: Nothing that is useful about people who
are, or who claim to be, experts, can be obtained by majority vote. One
could be correct, and all the rest dead wrong. I read what they have to
say, sort it out for myself compared to personal experience and anything
else I have read, and draw my own conclusions. I found this presentation
easy to incorporate into my own view. You did not. That is to be
expected. You might find it challenging, and strengthen your own
perspective by looking for what is wrong with the picture, and how you
know.

I exchange emails several times a week with a fervent Bush supporter, who
is a co-worker of the young man who plays the keyboard at a church I go
to most Sundays (who in turn is firmly disgusted with the Bush
administration). I have a better grip on what I believe and why for these
discussions. After the election, we both know we will be disappointed,
one way or another, no matter who wins. Then we are going to sit down and
hammer out some common sense solutions we can all three agree on to as
many issues as possible, before another election polarizes us between two
self-serving politicians trying to manipulate voters who really have more
in common than most of the guys with the connections to appear on TV want
us to.