[GCFL-discuss] mind over matter

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Aug 19 06:45:14 CDT 2005

To me "getting lost"  could mean... losing your focus, or your vision, your purpose...and I think when our thoughts get distracted to some "unproductive sideline"  it can be days, or  hours to get back on track.  Some "Big Bad Events"  in our life can throw us off by months.  It helps to have good friends to encourage us, to get back to going forward in a good direction.
An example of this would be the loss of a spouse, or a loss of a limb.  I guess any loss, can derail us for awhile.

Thanks Frank,  for making me think about this,  it shows the importance staying focused, so you don't have to take the "long way"  back.
Carla
  Subject: [GCFL-discuss] mind over matter

  The other day I was listening to a young girl tell about the time her and her older sister got lost while camping with her family.  After they found their way back (more than three hours later), she made a comment I thought was very profound.

  She said, "It only took us about 5 minutes to get lost, but, it took us over three hours  to get un-lost."

  I thought she showed real insight.    Any thoughts anyone?

  Frank

  http://mail.yahoo.com