[GCFL-discuss] Good News

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Aug 24 19:42:21 CDT 2005

Thanks Rev. Ev and Quama. The time away was good, getting home is good,
and all my travels were safe. Speaking of taking penguins to the zoo, we
all went to see March of the Penguins, and its a good film -- the first
time I have seen such close up scientific observations narrated and
edited in a way to also make engaging entertainment.

Oh, I see a I read a list of 200 backlogged emails that Frank asked Carla
for a report on her trip to Europe, if she had one. So, in the same
spirit, I will briefly run down what I had consided to be boring details.

The main attraction is that my sister's family spends a week every summer
at Block Island, which used to be a fishing and farming community settled
in the late 1600s, and is now a picturesque tourist destination where old
shingled houses compete with luxurious shingled houses newly built on
lots that now run $700,000. We stayed at an older hotel that has a wide
weathered porch, and a quaint lounge with old furniture, a piano, chess
and scrabble games, and old-style wallpaper well maintained. Very
Victorian, nice view, bathrooms down the hall from bedrooms (i.e.
shared).