[GCFL-discuss] Kids Prayers

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Feb 1 19:15:25 CST 2005

That was an excellent selection. I did hear a slightly different version
the first time I came to West Virginia, about God having TWO first names,
Andy and Howard.

"Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me"

"Howard be thy name" (same idea as Harold).

Children have for years been doing the same thing with the Pledge of
Allegiance. Leaving out the politicized variations adults come up with, I
strung the following together for my niece a few years ago:

I led the pigeons to the flag, of the united slates of a merry cow, and
to the republic for Richard Stans, one station, under water, invisible,
with liver, tea, and just ice, for owls.

Siarlys

P.S. On the serious side, that is why schools should vary exactly WHAT
patriotic selection they open the day with. Too much repetition of one
verse ends up with, something like the above.