[GCFL-discuss] football

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Feb 1 19:05:59 CST 2005

Gold should only be played in Scotland, or in similar landscapes. It was
invented because nothing much else could be played on stony, swampy,
hilly, ground. To take perfectly good farmland, parkland, land people
could live on, etc., and turn it into a rough approximation of a desolate
landscape of bogs and big rocks and sand traps, just to play a game
designed for such terrain, or worse, to put a little of same among long
green fairways that could be put to better use, is ridiculous. Of course,
that's just my opinion; I don't play golf, I don't have any interest in
trying it, and all my friends, people at church, etc., who play golf
would undoubtedly see if differently.