[GCFL-discuss] Calling Puns Sick

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Feb 10 20:10:55 CST 2005

Some people are NEVER satisfied.

I forwarded the last pun, that people complained about, to a friend of
mine who is an RN, because I knew if anyone would laugh at it, she would.

But I OBJECT to the twisted portrayal of unions -- jokes like that are
the reason far too many people are working three jobs just to make ends
meet, because unions (the folks who brought you the week-end) have been
so badly undermined, and pay is so low.

Besides, with all the possibilities for spreading contagious disease, not
to mention the dangers of a biological terrorist attack, the last thing
we need is to be making people hesitant to take sick leave when they ARE
sick because somebody might accuse them of being out on the golf course!
That joke was downright unpatriotic!!!

(Like I said, some people are never satisfied. You can get a laugh from
some of the people all of the time, from all of the people some of the
time, but you can't get a laugh from all of the people all of the time.)