[GCFL-discuss] T'was the week after Christmas

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jan 3 13:41:07 CST 2005

I heard you guys talking about the "boredom of exercising". That's a
problem. Exercise shouldn't be boring. If you don't like it, do something
else. I walk everywhere. It's peaceful to me. Also, a bunch of my friends
joined a dance class together (eight people; four dance pairs). It worked
out wonderfully. We even get extra practice. We can go to dance clubs and
dance the chacha and other ballroom/latin dances. When our class is
cancelled, we still have enough people to get together, get some music and
dance. For us, it's not the music or the special moves; it's hanging out
with friends. It's the social aspect that makes that time special. If you
really don't like exercising, do it with a friend. Go for a jog with your
dog, go skating/swimming/for an outing at the beach with your
kids/grandkids/godkids/neighbour's kids, call up an old friend and try a new
aerobics class together, get people together and relive your childhood by
going sledding and making snowmen. Whatever. But exercise should, and easily
can, be fun.

~Quama