[GCFL-discuss] Today's funny: C-Nile Virus

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jan 31 18:52:34 CST 2005

Is the rating system only on the website?  No link on the e-mail
itself...  (hint hint)?
I don't think it's the mention of old age.  I attribute it to the fact
that people did not read aloud in their mind the word C-Nile as senile,
they thought of it as a virus warning.  When I sent it to my 72 year-old
dad and 54 year-old sister (both intelligent but not computer savvy), I
made sure to put in the subject heading that this was a joke and that
"C-Nile =senile".  I know they will enjoy it now and not be confused or
think it was not a good funny.  Maybe you need to add that kind of thing
for people who are not punny, like in the subject line and at the end of
the joke?
Jeanene