[GCFL-discuss] Changing Light Bulbs

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri Jun 3 08:11:54 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:24:49 -0400 gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net writes:

> Siarlys
>
>         P.S. How many Jewish folk does it take to screw in a light
> bulb? Is the answer different for orthodox, conservative, reform,
> Hassidim, Lubavitcher, and other?
>
> I contemplated sending in a similar joke that addresses precisely
> that question, but decided against it.  I figured this group, primarily
> Christian, would not appreciate the inside digs, anymore than  I
> understood the inside lines in this joke.
>
> greenBubble

It might work. Have you ever seen a book called "Jewish as a Second
Language?" It became a bit tedious for a whole book, but the first third
was funny. Even inside digs can be of value in understanding another
tradition. Then again, I don't get the golf jokes even WITH the
explanation. (Some of my best friends are golfers, but I think its a
waste of good farmland to set up a course anywhere the landscape doesn't
already resemble a Scottish moor).